Bit behind on this again, but I have some interesting ones for next week, so maybe that will make me stick with it better.
Got a bit distracted with reading microcontroller datasheets and reference manuals for some projects, mostly for the ST Micro STM32F767ZI and for the Silicon Labs "Universal Bee" series (I'm using the EFM8UB3 for a project at the moment). But here's some "normal" datasheet reading.
The whole "datasheet a day" thing got slightly derailed this month. I have been reading datasheets for projects, but my "datasheet a day" reading has been spent on Op Amps For Everyone, which is 464 pages of opampy goodness from Ron Mancini at TI.
I certainly didn't understand it all, and some sections I just skimmed, but I definitely have a better understanding of some things to do with opamp design. I was treating it mostly as a warm-up for Chapter 4 of The Art of Electronics, which I hope to start on this week or next.
Next week, back to normal.
I just this week finished a project that has been hanging around for a while, mostly because it turned out to be much more work than I estimated. Earlier this year, I did some work using Nordic Semiconductor's nRF52840 ARM chip. Although the chip is nice, I didn't enjoy the software development experience using the tools that Nordic recommends, so I decided to do a "little" project to review some of the alternatives.
Turned out not to be so little, after all.
In any case, you can read the results on the project page. The highlights of the work were definitely learning about the Zephyr project and CircuitPython. I'm going to try to do some Rust stuff on the nRF52840 later to get an idea of how practical that is too, but I need a break from this stuff for a while first!
Slightly fewer datasheets this week, because I'm reading "Op Amps For Everyone", which is a 464-page thing about op amps from TI. That's a bit too long to manage one of them in a day!